Thursday, May 14, 2015

beegulls ?? & tindy

I think it's fair to say that up to this point, I admit that I have not been keeping an account on each bagel I 'pass' on. They're all the same to me. Asian, Asian, Asian, random white guy, Asian, Asian, ad infinitum. Hiking, entrepreneur, adventurous, world traveler, blah, blah, blah. I'd like my date to be 'serious but can joke', 'fashionable', 'trendy'... basically some girl who can fucking cater to the guy. It's great to know what you want, but it's sickening to expect your date to be everything at once. Whatever happened to just meeting new people and actually learning about them? Looking through these apps makes me feel as though I'm looking for a decent top to purchase and add to my wardrobe. 

I'm not shopping for romance. 

And if this is some sick foreshadowing of what's to come, I want out. Perhaps that's why I consistently grow frustrated and defeated the more I use cmb and tinder. It's just not right for me. The way in which things are processed, albeit them being the quickest and easiest method for me to chat with male strangers and possibly strike a chord or two with one or several, is not what I can get used to any time soon. I'm not denouncing the enterprise and what it stands for or its potential to grow into something more commonplace and fruitful. I just realized that it doesn't particularly work for me as much as I hoped it would. Or, maybe, it worked fabulously well because the only guy I ever fell hard for (thus far in my life) was from a tinder match and meet up. But that was somewhere else in some other time. 

Anyway, the boys on tindy that I've come across have all been decent save for a couple who were obviously looking for the fast pass to vag patch. I just made it clear that I was either too oblivious to their motive or too blunt about my lack of interest in sexual excursions. Well, there were also plenty of those that just match with you to match with people in general. Read: you matched but no talk.

I didn't care if they didn't message me first. I just gave them about a day and when I was bored of waiting, I'd just pass a comment about something from their profile that piqued my interest or straight up copied tindy's icebreaker question/statement. Most of them would respond and conversation would ensue. However, not all of them continued the conversation. There are a rare few worth mentioning, but I'll leave that for another post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment