Friday, June 12, 2015

Those worth mentioning

I've had a long break from the last time I posted so a lot of details have already eluded me.

Samuel- the guy who proved my prejudices wrong:

He came off as a typical frat bro type who only cared for superficial shit like partying and working out. Well, he does work out. But apparently, he's not a complete tool and I shared a pleasant conversation with him. Unfortunately, we never got around to meeting up despite talking about it. I was genuinely curious about this guy. How often do you come across a dude who has a picture of him in a classic bro tank with something that looks like an EDM festival in the background that also tells you he went to Stagecoach over the weekend? 

Giancarlo- the writer:

I have to admit, whenever I come across a guy who says he's a writer in his profile, I am instantly engaged. It follows that I will inevitably ask what kind of writer he is if we do match, which I did. Screenplay writer, this one is. Our replies are longer than average. He's intelligent. I'm interested. He suggests we hang out. I agree. We arrange to meet up at a gastropub of his suggestion. I had a long 6 hour shift that day before immediately driving over to the place we agreed to meet up at. Since it's in a downtown area, I had to circle around a couple times for street parking. Eventually, I luck out and find one a couple blocks away. Once I arrived at the entrance where he was already waiting for me, I did the most awkward thing- I pointed at him and said, "You're....yea" then I pointed to me and said, "I'm ... uh huh. Shall we go in?" He just smiled and nodded. It gets worse. I order a burger only to realize that it's enormous and I ended up talking him into sharing half of it with me despite the fact that he also ordered an appetizer for himself because he already had steak earlier. Our conversation in the restaurant mainly encompassed the topic of traveling. He also showed off his tattoo in his own awkward style and explained what he wanted to do for future potential tattoo ideas. I didn't think I would care for tattoos because I never did. But in his case, it was attractive. 

We split the bill and decided to just walk around the vicinity because it was my first time venturing into that area. It was refreshing, but I was extremely exhausted. It took a lot of effort to keep myself functioning correctly. Eventually, after walking around for a while, I decided to call it a night but it just so happened that a bum was loitering in front of my car and I wasn't about to get caught up in something nasty so we sat on a planter at the end of the block from where my car was parked. There, we talked more about ourselves and stuff we've done. Like, drugs. He got me beat. I couldn't look in his eyes for too long. They were too... captivating. That, and I'm terrible with maintaining eye contact. I'm super shy and amazingly awkward at social interaction, holy fuck. And, well, I eventually couldn't handle it anymore and told him I needed to get back before my body shut down. We parted ways. I got home. He didn't send a follow-up text. No biggie. I sent him a "how's it going?" text a day later. He replied. But, then, no more. It both sucks and doesn't because for once, I thought I found a guy who I could see myself dating after falling for a Brit. And it sucks because this guy doesn't feel the same as I have gathered from his lack of texts. 

Alex- the ghost

Here's a funny story. I basically did not give a shit and did not bother at all with playing 'the game' with him. I asked him, "coffee or tea?" and in a couple more messages, I segued into asking him, "we should get coffee/tea some time" to which he agreed to but we never got around to setting a solid day and time. So, I forgot about him until a week later he messages me, "so what happened to that coffee?" I honestly was fine with just leaving it at him forgetting about me and me forgetting about him. But, he had to show up again. So, I continued to chat with him saying he disappeared and so I thought he died or something. We proceeded to arrange a day and time to meet up but he would kind of flake last minute (twice) and well, I just got tired of his shit and basically flew to NYC for my mini vacation and forgot about him again. He didn't bother to message me anymore. We never got to meet up for coffee. For all I care, he doesn't exist. He was just an attractive ghost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment